DWI Lawyer Fairfax Virginia
Monday thru Friday - 9 am to 5 pm | Phones Answered
THE PIVOTAL ROLE OF DWI/DUI LAWYERS OF FAIRFAX
The goal of the inception of the DWI Laws is to restrict the public from certain undesirable activities that make public-safety vulnerable. But the ignorance of the intoxication statute added to the ambiguity in understanding the laws and carelessness in the public safety by residents has resulted in innumerable road accidents.
Do you know that implementation of DWI laws is strict in Fairfax County and the penalties for violating the DWI laws can be grievous and regrettable? Misunderstanding or ignorance of the Fairfax DWI laws could also lead to other potential problems which could be disastrous causing havoc in the lives of the people and disturbing their inner peace! This is where the DWI Lawyers in Fairfax play an undeniably crucial role in educating the general public about the statutory provisions, the sentences that can result in their violations, and the cautions to be exercised when accused of charges.
Charged with driving under the influence offense in Fairfax? Then be swift!! Contact skilled lawyers immediately!! Remember, the dismissal of your DWI charge should be the priority of the lawyer you retain for your case.
The criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. have artfully handled several cases like yours over the years, and taking their professional assistance can confirm your acquittal.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IGNORANTIA JURIS NON-EXCUSAT?
An individual who is not aware of the legal provisions of DWI Laws in Fairfax, VA cannot be excused i.e., “ignorantia juris non-excusat”.
Fairfax DWI Lawyers can apprise you about the legal provisions, the defenses that can be established to ensure that you would attain the best possible outcome. Be warned!! If you are accused of DWI charges and proven guilty of such crimes, your future, career, social life, and even inter-personal relationships will be disastrously affected.
Lawyers provide expert guidance about the penalties for violating the DWI Laws in Fairfax, VA if proven guilty. Be informed, that punishments can range from days of mandatory minimum confinement to suspension of driver’s license and might be a permanent mark on your criminal record throughout the lifetime. You will be shocked to know from lawyers in Fairfax that DWI charges appear on background checks as well.
In the event of being accused of DWI criminal charges in Fairfax County, VA, it is advisable to immediately contact the skilled DWI Lawyers of Fairfax, VA at The Law Offices of SRIS P.C. for a powerful defense plan to help you obtain a dismissal of your charge.
DECODING THE DRIVING WITH INTOXICATION (DWI) LAWS
Do you have questions about DWI? We have the answers!! Reach out to the Fairfax Lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. to get your questions on the DWI Laws of Fairfax, VA answered and face litigation with confidence as you have sought help at the right time.
As explained by the DWI Lawyers, a person is said to be driving under the influence in Fairfax when:
- He/she is intoxicated,
- The Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) level is higher than the limit set,
- Beyond the limit of which such an intoxicated person is believed to be of an unstable mind to drive safely,
- Violation of DWI Laws in Fairfax is a crime serious in nature
You will be glad to know from your lawyer that the burden of proof always rests with the state in driving while intoxicated cases in Fairfax. A DWI charge is not the end of the world. Obtain the sound legal counsel of the finest DWI Lawyers in Fairfax, VA at The Law Offices of SRIS P.C. when charged with DWI offenses.
If you need advice on your driving while intoxicated charge, you should retain Fairfax Lawyers who can vigorously litigate your charge for an acquittal.
THE INTOXICATION LEVEL AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
Any Fairfax lawyer with in-depth knowledge of DUI laws will disclose to you that the intoxication level while operating a vehicle determines whether a person would be accused of drunken driving in Fairfax, VA. BAC levels reflect the percent of alcohol concentration in your bloodstream. BAC of 0.10 indicates that your blood is intoxicated with alcohol. Distinct BAC levels are assigned for different kinds of intoxicating substances.
A DWI lawyer in Fairfax will expressly warn you that exceeding the intoxication levels specified in the DUI Laws in Fairfax, VA qualifies one for conviction under the DWI criminal charges in Fairfax, VA.
Consult with the DWI Lawyers of Fairfax, VA to have an in-depth understanding of the intoxication levels for various intoxicating substances and to frame a perfect defense in-line with the requirements and situations of your litigation.
LISTING DOWN THE DISTINCT INTOXICATION LEVELS FOR VARIOUS INTOXICATING SUBSTANCES
You will be shocked to know from DWI Lawyers in Fairfax that if the blood alcohol level in your blood of each of the following substance is as mentioned below, then it is legally impermissible and is punishable:
- BAC of 0.08 percent or more by weight by volume
- BAC is equal to or more than 0.02 mg of cocaine per liter of blood
- BAC is equal to or more than 0.1 mg of methamphetamine per liter of blood
- BAC is equal to or more than 0.01 mg of phencyclidine per liter of blood
- BAC of 0.1 mg or more of 3, 4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine per liter of blood.
WHEN AN INTOXICATED PERSON CAN BE HELD LIABLE FOR DWI CRIMINAL CHARGES IN FAIRFAX, VA?
According to the Supreme Court of Virginia, a person is considered to be driving the vehicle if it is in the physical control of such person.
Take counsel with ardent and sound DWI Lawyers in Fairfax, VA to understand whether you can be held liable for DWI conviction even when you were not actually involved in driving a motor at the time of the arrest.
PHYSICAL CONTROL OVER THE VEHICLE AS EXPLAINED BY THE DWI LAWYERS OF FAIRFAX
A Fairfax lawyer, highly proficient in representing clients like you charged with driving while intoxicated, will tell you that in most cases their defenses are based on the premise that the defendant was not in physical control of the vehicle. In the following situations, the defendant is considered by the Fairfax court to be in physical control of the vehicle:
- If the offender was seated in the driver seat, the keys being in the ignition
- If the accused was seated in the driver seat in an intoxicated condition with no one accompanying him/her
- If the intoxicated accused was found unconscious/asleep on the steering wheel
Then the accused shall be deemed to possess the physical control of a vehicle by the Fairfax, VA courts, on proving that the vehicle was in proper driving condition.
CONSEQUENCES OF DENIAL TO TAKE BAC TEST OR BREATH TEST
Are you aware that your refusal to consent to a breath test can result in additional charges? Be cautioned!! An efficient Fairfax lawyer will inform you about your implied duty of consent to take the breath test or blood test which allows the officer to confirm if you are intoxicated. Do not ever make the mistake of refusing the test provided by the officers at the police station.
An experienced drunken driving defense lawyer will tell you in plain terms that there are two tests that the officer may offer you. One breath test is offered to you on the roads which you are not legally required to consent to. On the other hand, after the initial stop and the interrogation immediately after the stop, the officer will take you to the station and offer you a test there. The lawyer you consult will indicate to you that the test at the station should not be refused.
Any skilled lawyer in Fairfax will narrate to you the consequences of such a refusal and will communicate to you how this refusal will lead to another new charge. The Fairfax lawyer will also explain that the new charge will be based on the violation of the implied consent laws with consequences including suspension of license.
If an officer in Fairfax, VA suspects that an intoxicated person is driving the vehicle, the officer, on lawful apprehension of such an intoxicated person, can order the breath test or the blood test. If the accused has any past DWI convictions or has failed to take the test in the past, then the instant failure to take the test is a misdemeanor in Fairfax, VA.
DWI Lawyers who have represented clients like you in Fairfax know how to approach your case. Experienced lawyers prepare a defense strategy that targets the initial stop and make a thorough analysis of the facts to invalidate the initial stop. If the initial stop is held to be invalid any incriminating evidence subsequently obtained by the law enforcement officer will be declared inadmissible and the driving while intoxicated charge will be dismissed.
LEGAL CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING DWI LAWS OF FAIRFAX, VA
On being charged with violating DWI laws in Fairfax, VA, take counsel from the expert DWI Lawyers in Fairfax, VA immediately. The adept Lawyers at the Law Offices of SRIS P.C. work round the clock to provide you with timely guidance and to devise the perfect defense plan for your charge.
Are you aware of the punishment and minimum period of mandatory confinement for a driver accused of driving while intoxicated? Be informed from a skilled Fairfax DWI defense lawyer that any person accused of driving while intoxicated is punished with 5 days imprisonment, he/she will be liable to serve five regular days. If the accused shows good behavior, then the sentence may be reduced by one day.
FIRST DWI CONVICTION IN FAIRFAX, VA
DWI Lawyers from Fairfax will advise you that first time DWI charge shall be regarded as class 1 misdemeanor when the accused has no prior DWI criminal charges. The lawyer will also quickly point out the possibilities of severe sentences by the VA state if the alcohol concentration is high.
- The accused shall be penalized with a mandatory minimum of $250
- If the BAC is between 0.15 and 0.20 then the accused shall be awarded 5 days mandatory minimum confinement
- If the BAC is above 0.20, the accused shall be imposed an additional mandatory minimum confinement of 10days.
SECOND DWI CONVICTION IN FAIRFAX, VA
If you are charged for second-time conviction of DWI laws in Fairfax, VA, know from knowledgeable lawyers that:
- The second time conviction within less than five years of prior conviction would attract fine with a mandatory minimum fine of $500 and one month to one year of imprisonment with 20 days mandatory minimum confinement
- If the offender is convicted for the second time within 5 to 10 years of a prior conviction, with a mandatory minimum fine of $500 and one month of imprisonment with 10 days mandatory minimum confinement
- For a second offense, additional penalties are imposed based on the BAC level, if the BAC level is between 0.15 and 0.20, additional mandatory minimum confinement period shall be 10 days and if the BAC level is more than 0.20, additional mandatory minimum confinement period shall be 20 days. And an additional mandatory fine of $500 is imposed
THIRD TIME OF DWI CONVICTION IN FAIRFAX, VA
If a person is found guilty of third-time conviction of DWI criminal charges, it is advisable to seek personalized assistance from Fairfax Lawyers having profound knowledge, skills, and experience in DWI Laws of Fairfax, VA. The lawyer you retain will inform you that for third conviction the sentences could be severe and such charges shall be treated as class 6 felony imposing the following imprisonments and fines:
- Know from experienced Fairfax DWI lawyers that for a third offense committed within five years, the person shall be imposed six months mandatory minimum sentence and a mandatory minimum fine of $1000
- Be informed from the Fairfax DWI lawyer you choose that for a third offense committed within 10 years, the person shall be imposed 90 days mandatory minimum sentence and a mandatory minimum fine of $1000.
Hire an exceptional DWI Lawyer in Fairfax, VA to dedicatedly work towards dismissing the accusation and to mitigate the sentences.
SUSPENSION OF DRIVER LICENSE OWING TO THE DWI CONVICTIONS IN FAIRFAX, VA
Fairfax lawyers will apprise you that license suspension is an inevitable consequence of drunken driving. The period of suspension depends on the frequency of the convictions and the refusal to take the blood or breath test.
- For the first DWI conviction, the license shall be suspended for 7 days.
- For the second DWI offenses, the license shall be suspended for 60 days or until the trial.
- For the third DWI violations, the license shall be suspended until the day and time of the trial.
You will know from Fairfax lawyers that the refusal to take the blood or breath test can result in an administrative suspension of license.
FAIRFAX LAWYER’S HELP IN REINSTATEMENT OF DRIVER’S LICENSE
Are you worried about the suspension of your driving license? Relax and calm yourself! A skilled DWI Lawyer of VA will provide quick assistance to reinstate your suspended license If your license is suspended, obtain reinstatement of the same on submission of the following documents with the support of your lawyer:
- Sufficient proof that you have made the payment of pending court fees, if any, the insurance and the reinstatement fees.
- Sufficient proof that you have undertaken the alcohol safety program.
- Sufficient proof concerning the fulfillment of rehabilitation programs as per the court’s order.
VIRGINIA DWI LAWS FOR UNDERAGE DRIVERS
If you are an underage driver, be apprised from your DWI lawyer that Virginia law treats underage drunken driving as a very serious offense, and anyone indulging in the same is severely penalized.
Your lawyer will point out about the rigid laws in Virginia concerning underage drinking and driving to discourage persons under 21 to consume alcohol and drive vehicles. The underage drivers have severe BAC limits of 0.02% to less than 0.8%.
Consult DWI Lawyers in Fairfax, VA right away regarding how to face your underage drunken driving charge.
WHO CAN BE CHARGED UNDER THE UNDERAGE DWI CRIMINAL CHARGES?
A DWI lawyer will update you that the intoxicated accused who has operated a vehicle in such conditions and is less than 21 years with BAC level being 0.02% or more by weight by volume or 0.02 grams or more per 210 liters of breath but less than 0.08% by weight by volume or less than 0.08 grams per 210 liters of breath.
LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF UNDERAGE DWI
If the accused is guilty of underage DWI charges in Fairfax, VA, he/she will be charged with class 1 misdemeanor and is sentenced with the suspension of driver’s license for one year, shall be penalized with a $500 fine and shall also be imposed mandatory minimum of 50 hours of community services.
KNOW ABOUT THE VIRGINIA ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROGRAM (VASAP)
Fairfax DWI Lawyers will guide you through the process of reinstating your driver’s license, the offender is interviewed and his situation is accurately analyzed to recommend the best defense for him. Your lawyer will indicate to you that once such a recommendation is made, the offender is liable to mandatorily complete the classes specified.
WHO CAN BE CHARGED UNDER THE UNDERAGE DWI CRIMINAL CHARGES?
A Fairfax DWI Lawyer invests in his/her supreme efforts, expertise, skills, and remarkable experience to build a robust defense strategy to defend you in the battle to dismiss the suit or to mitigate the sentences.
- An experienced Fairfax Lawyer would transparently furnish you with all relevant legal provisions, facts, and circumstances of the suit.
- A dedicated Fairfax Lawyer discusses your case in detail with you and forewarns you about the possible sentences.
- A proficient Lawyer promptly updates you with all improvements in the case.
- A Lawyer you retain will persistently focus on constructing an exceptional defense strategy to attain a dismissal.
If you are ever charged with DWI, seek the immediate assistance ofLawyers in Fairfax, VA who can provide you quality advice on how to proceed with your charge.
Choosing a highly reliable, high principled, and dependable lawyer is crucial for your driving while intoxicated charge. Retain the DWI lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., and they will try their best to reward you with an acquittal!!
Call our DUI lawyers for help – 888-437-7747. Our DWI lawyers will meet you at our Fairfax office.